Friday 24 February 2012

Starting a blog about nothing and everything

Why start a blog and about what?  Well, the answer is that embarrassingly enough, I have ambitions to write a novel and this is my way of starting. Yes, I am one of the many thousands of Moms out there who think my life experience is worth a million Rand book deal! After all, Jodi Picoult is a Mom and so is whats her name of the vampire-teenage-werewolf series. Surely my experience as a Jewish Mom recovering from a serious drug addiction is worth SOME read worthy paragraphs?

So now I must introduce the dramatis personae in my house, in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town.  First of all, there is "The Bear".  The Bear is the love of my romantic life.  He is called The Bear because he kinda looks like a bear, he is very strong, very cuddly and often smells like a bear.  Yup, he is often "too tired" to shower and shave, but miraculously has energy for activities like watching 5 episodes of Criminal Minds.  How I ended up with this adorable caveman, I don't know.  My ex-husband showers practically hourly and is always armed with hand sanitiser.  You could eat off the man's bum! (not that I have ever tried it)

Then there is Princess Fluffy, the ten-ager - no that is not a spelling mistake.  She is not technically a teenager, being only ten years of age, but she more than makes up for it in hormonal swings and crying-shouting spells, followed by sullen apologies. She is also gorgeous, charismatic and looks like an angel when she is sleeping.  In fact, every morning before I wake her up with a cup of tea delivered to her bedside, I whisper sweet nothings in her sleeping ear.  "Mommy loves you my Angel Darling" I say.  Because, when those baby blues open - all bets are off!

Then there is the Love Puppy, my seven year old jumping bean!  He was up at 5am this morning, all dressed in his new school uniform.  The reason? "We are making sandwiches at school, Mommy!"  Such excitement!  I wonder if I can con him into making the sandwiches every morning!  Probably not, I will have to pay him, like I pay him to empty the dishwasher.  The current rate is R5 a load.

Finally there is me.  40 year old (okay 39) MILF wannabe with the bright blue finger nails.  Multitasking every second of the day.  Every second?  Yes, I grind my teeth when I sleep, I'm THAT dedicated to a stressful life!

So I will check back here every so often to share some of my stuff.  Have an awesome weekend.  Its Friday!  Only two days left till Monday!

1 comment: